OFFICIAL GameMaker Studio 2 Version 2.3.6 Release & More

gkri

@rwkay Please consider to include audio scrubbing feature on sequences play head of dope sheet some time in the roadmap. It will make GMS very powerfull animating tool like good old flash used to be.

If devs somehow learn that GMS can replace the good old flash (and mostly it already does it!) it will be possible to attract many more devs!

Cpaz

@rwkay Please consider to include audio scrubbing feature on sequences play head of dope sheet some time in the roadmap. It will make GMS very powerfull animating tool like good old flash used to be.

If devs somehow learn that GMS can replace the good old flash (and mostly it already does it!) it will be possible to attract many more devs!
File a feature suggestion!
That's where they read and accept requests like this.
It would be neat for sequences to be able to do more with audio, though.

rIKmAN

this would be awesome! :D i could even consider donating few bucks to yoyo to get this feature a higher priority (seriously, not joking, the workspace is the only thing i dont like on gms2 :D )
In before "That sets a dangerous precedent and only rich people would get the features they wanted".
Let's not open another can of worms! 😄

I'm also looking forward to the new workspace improvements that make it less "Hollywood" and more in line with other industry standard workflows.
It's probably one of the changes/additions I'm most excited about to be honest even though I don't have any real issues with the current chained workflow.

D

Deleted User

In before "That sets a dangerous precedent and only rich people would get the features they wanted".
Let's not open another can of worms! 😄
😝 yeah lets leave that can unopened 😁

the current chained workspace is very good for dnd, but i really liked the workspace on gms 1.4.

if there was an option on settings where you could choose "chained" or "classic" workspace, that would be more than welcome 😊

makas

Thank you for all your feedback and concerns in this thread. As we’ve stated before we are listening to everything and we’re happy to say that we’ll be including the subscription feature for perpetual licence holders.

We initially wanted this delay to make our subscription more compelling but we understand that our loyal users are the ones that want access to all the latest features.

Features and Effects will be enabled for all paid users. We have made this change now, simply log out and in again to GameMaker and you will be able to access the feature.

Russell
I love you, and now I will surely subscribe :) thanks a lot!

Toque

A subscription isn't always a bad thing. It provides more predictable revenue and can even save a company from insolvency (Or cautious underspending which trickles onto consumer satisfaction)... For consumers, it is less up front payment and to be fair here as well... it costs less over a reasonable length of time (As long as they don't keep bumping the cost up every year to acclimate everyone to a, "It's just another dollar..." mindset. "Just another dollar" 10 times is still a 10 dollar increase...). I get the subscription completely. The issue is that Opera is absolutely trashing everything YoYo Games built up over the years. Judging by their stock performance... I would not be surprised if investors are mad at them, too...
Yeah my OPRA stock taken beating. Wich is odd as the last meeting they reported good results. Better than last quarter.

Hey, a big thanks for letting us try the features, but the main concern in this thread was that permanent license owners will not get some features if they don't subscribe.
As for me, I have no problem waiting a couple of months to get this "new" features as long I know I will get it for sure.

D

Deleted User

Hey, a big thanks for letting us try the features, but the main concern in this thread was that permanent license owners will not get some features if they don't subscribe.
As for me, I have no problem waiting a couple of months to get this "new" features as long I know I will get it for sure.
@rwkay unlocked all the features yesterday 🙂
Features and Effects will be enabled for all paid users. We have made this change now, simply log out and in again to GameMaker and you will be able to access the feature.

Russell

Rizal Kung

Thank you for all your feedback and concerns in this thread. As we’ve stated before we are listening to everything and we’re happy to say that we’ll be including the subscription feature for perpetual licence holders.

We initially wanted this delay to make our subscription more compelling but we understand that our loyal users are the ones that want access to all the latest features.

Russell
Thank you so much! I hope that you continue to listen to your community.

Toque

So it's not so much "To the moon" but more "To the pub"?
For sure!! I wish I could take a few of you lads for a pint too.

probably should not bothered to mention I have opera stock. Risk of tar and feathered. GM is a small piece of their operations. It was interesting hearing the ceo mention the opera game jam. Haha.

poorlocke

Noticed an issue where automatic collision masks on sprite creation display coordinates of 0 but the actual mask is drawn on other coordinates

dm59113

Hi, i have a question. For the next update it's possible insert a system for import or export per example the sprites, the object,... The problem when you use for a different game is too long to retry the same action if you already use .

Cpaz

To finally bring this back around to the new additions, I like the effects!

I need to mess with them some more on the GML side of things, but they seem. Like a quick way of making some intricate effects.
Especially if you can work them into sequences directly. That'd be awesome.