• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GameMaker Studio 2 Trial - Limitations

S

Startoz

Hi YoYoGames team,
Could you consider removing the limit to the number of resources in the trial version?
I am trying to figure out how much work would be needed to convert my 1.4 project to 2.0, but I can't because of the limit.
I simply don't want to buy the license before knowing how easy/hard it would be to convert the project.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Afaik, this is not going to happen in the foreseeable future. While the resource limits may change, they will not be getting removed. However it's worth noting that most 1.4 projects should "just work" after being imported into GMS2 and may not need any extra work unless you want to remove the compatbility scripts and use the updated GML instead. If that's the case, then you can check out the list of obsolete functions in the manual and then compare it to what you use in your game and get a rough idea of the work involved.

gnysek

Usually everything work as long, as you're not try to add a new instance and use instance_create() instead of instance_create_layer/instance_create_depth, because the new instance need then to be manually added then to __global_object_depth() script made during import, or use two new mentioned functions.

Except of that, I have no other issues, and I'm still working on game which prototype started on GameMaker 5 (so I've converted several times...).