• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Gamemaker Studio 2 Laggy

R

RATInteractive

running a pretty tiny project and the application has lots of slow downs & stutters when closing objects

R

RATInteractive

P.s is draw text broken? it wont let me add a global variable to it without pulling an error that gives no info

M

MatthewL019

P.s is draw text broken? it wont let me add a global variable to it without pulling an error that gives no info
The draw_text function along with all other drawing functions work fine for me. I'm not quite sure what you mean by adding a global variable, though. If you're trying to draw a string of text such as "Player lives: " + lives, where 'lives' is your global variable then make sure you have set up the global variable correctly and when drawing the text it looks like this:
Code:
draw_text(x,y,"Lives: " + string(lives));
Use string() to change a variable into a string. e.g lives = 3, would then equal "3".

As for the lag you're experiencing, this could just be down to your PC being slow or something... I've not experienced any issues with lag personally.

R

RATInteractive

The draw_text function along with all other drawing functions work fine for me. I'm not quite sure what you mean by adding a global variable, though. If you're trying to draw a string of text such as "Player lives: " + lives, where 'lives' is your global variable then make sure you have set up the global variable correctly and when drawing the text it looks like this:
Code:
draw_text(x,y,"Lives: " + string(lives));
Use string() to change a variable into a string. e.g lives = 3, would then equal "3".

As for the lag you're experiencing, this could just be down to your PC being slow or something... I've not experienced any issues with lag personally.
Hi, got the text working

as for the lag, it was solved in a reboot. GM2 was using alot of cpu power,, not sure why