GameMaker Studio 2 is on sale on Steam

C

cescobar

Hi. If I buy the Steam version, will I be able to link my account and use the standalone version? I'm just trying to make sure. Been wanting to purchase GMS2 Mobile.

Thanks!

rIKmAN

Hi. If I buy the Steam version, will I be able to link my account and use the standalone version? I'm just trying to make sure. Been wanting to purchase GMS2 Mobile.

Thanks!
Yeah, just link your Steam account in your YYG Account page and you can use either version.

Q

Quotentickles

I've been having a lot of trouble getting a steam code for my license. For some reason it says I don't have one, any idea why?

rIKmAN

I've been having a lot of trouble getting a steam code for my license. For some reason it says I don't have one, any idea why?
You don't get a Steam key for GMS2, your licences are tied to your YYG account which you login to the IDE with.
As log as your Steam account is linked in your YYG account then you can use either version by just logging into the IDE as normal with that account.

Cool but whens the next sale guys
When it happens, they don't announce sales in advance.
Follow them on Twitter and/or sign up to the newsletter to keep up to date when the next one happens.