1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

GameMaker Studio 2 is on sale on Steam

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by funkygallo, Sep 19, 2019.

1. funkygallo

funkygallo Member

2. cescobar

cescobar Member

Hi. If I buy the Steam version, will I be able to link my account and use the standalone version? I'm just trying to make sure. Been wanting to purchase GMS2 Mobile.

Thanks!

3. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Yeah, just link your Steam account in your YYG Account page and you can use either version.

4. cescobar

cescobar Member

Sweet! Thank you!

5. LesbianJellyfish

LesbianJellyfish Member

I've been having a lot of trouble getting a steam code for my license. For some reason it says I don't have one, any idea why?

6. RizbIT

RizbIT Member

Cool but whens the next sale guys

7. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

You don't get a Steam key for GMS2, your licences are tied to your YYG account which you login to the IDE with.
    As log as your Steam account is linked in your YYG account then you can use either version by just logging into the IDE as normal with that account.

When it happens, they don't announce sales in advance.
    Follow them on Twitter and/or sign up to the newsletter to keep up to date when the next one happens.