• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GameMaker Studio 2 immediately closes after opening

Hello, about 3 weeks ago I factory reset my computer, before I did GMS2 was running perfectly, but now that I try to open it, a white window appears and then closes.
I've tried restarting my computer, disabling my internet connection, reinstalling it and changing install directories.
It's technically the same computer so I really don't know what went wrong. Thanks in advance :)

rIKmAN

If it’s a fresh install it’s unlikely that it’s the exact same setup as before you wiped and reinstalled the system.

Check that you have fully updated via Windows Update, have updated your system drivers (chipset, gpu etc) and installed any other libraries that GMS2 might require - there are some options with checkboxes you can select during install of GMS2 as well which you should check you have selected (DotNet / Visual C++ Redist).

In the meantime you could try using the software renderer to see if that allows the IDE to load.

Last edited:
If it’s a fresh install it’s unlikely that it’s the exact same setup as before you wiped and reinstalled the system.

Check that you have fully updated via Windows Update, have updated your system drivers (chipset, gpu etc) and installed any other libraries that GMS2 might require - there are some options with checkboxes you can select during install of GMS2 as well which you should check you have selected (DotNet / Visual C++ Redist).

In the meantime you could try using the software renderer to see if that allows the IDE to load.
Thank you very much, that actually fixed the problem!

Gabyx

Could you, please, possibly explain this more in detail? Sorry, i'm a total beginner at this. I have no idea how this works.