• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

OFFICIAL GameMaker Studio 2 Image Editor survey

breakmt

Not really fussed about the features as I tend to work in other programs for image editing unless it's something small, but what gets me is the seemingly random use of shortcut keys in the GM editor. 'D' is brush? Every other program uses 'B'. And 'O' for colour picker... really?
IMHO GameMaker's shorcuts are better then GIMP or Paint.Net

H

Hurg

IMHO GameMaker's shorcuts are better then GIMP or Paint.Net
Doesn't matter if it's better or not. If I spend 95% of my time in Photoshop and 5% in the GM editor, I know which set of shortcuts are going to be hardcoded into my memory.

I think Aseprite and Pyxel Edit (to a lesser extent) do a good job of recognising this. Makes it easy to switch from one program to another, depending on the job, when all the shortcuts tend to do the same thing.