• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL GameMaker Studio 2 IDE hints and tips, part 2

True Valhalla

Full-Time Developer
GMC Elder
Good tips! I still think origin should default to center without having to enable the setting, though. The other settings I found most valuable were related to the resource tree: making it faster to scroll and more compact.

P

Pudsy

Thanks Mike!

Ctrl+T... very nice! My mouse is booking it's holidays after seeing that in action.

I need to experiment with different multi-monitor layouts, see how to make best use of it with GMS2.
I guess even just having docs open in an external browser could help there, if the browser is side-by-side or on another display.

I tend to agree that default origin = centre would probably result in fewer people needing to change it.
Although it's highly situational, and at least it *is* configurable, so no worries.