• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

"GameMaker Studio 2 has become unstable."

G

I wanted to post this in case anyone else has this problem. Every time I opened a certain project file, I would get the "GameMaker Studio 2 has become unstable." message. It was limited to a single project; I didn't get the error with another project. There are two other threads on this: here and here. The first thread ended in a message that it had something to do with a sprite. @fernnado did you ever solve it? The second thread found that the error came with a custom skin. I'm just using the default dark skin. Switch to the default light skin didn't help. It didn't occur with the backup I made (by copying the whole folder) last night. The working version of the project and the backup were exactly the same size, down to the byte.

I got rid of the error by deleting the most recent sprite and tileset I'd created, called spr_tilemap and tl_tileset. Then I re-created the sprite (and imported the sprite from the backup project's folder, actually) and then re-created the tileset using that sprite, with the same names as before. Now I'm not getting the error. But I think I'll still move forward tonight using the backup version...

I created the sprite that maybe was causing the bug using the built-in sprite editor.