• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GameMaker Studio 2 Game Running Extremely Slow?

Hello, just today when I start GameMaker Studio 2 and go to run my game it runs EXTREMELY slow. Like 1 frame a second. When previously it ran like it was supposed to. I made no changes since run that would affected the speed and quality of the game, and I olso tested it with another game run and still the extremely slow run.

All I have running in the background is Chrome and usually I have a lot more running in the background and Game Maker Studio 2 runs smoothly.

Is anyone else having this problem? Just wondering if it's a program wide problem.

Windows 10 64 bit

My IDE version v2.2.3.436
Runtime Version v2.2.3.344

Hello, just today when I start GameMaker Studio 2 and go to run my game it runs EXTREMELY slow. Like 1 frame a second. When previously it ran like it was supposed to. I made no changes since run that would affected the speed and quality of the game, and I olso tested it with another game run and still the extremely slow run.

All I have running in the background is Chrome and usually I have a lot more running in the background and Game Maker Studio 2 runs smoothly.

Is anyone else having this problem? Just wondering if it's a program wide problem.

Windows 10 64 bit

My IDE version v2.2.3.436
Runtime Version v2.2.3.344
I don't know what makes GMS2 Lag. I have lag spikes. It runs smoothly, 3sec freeze, run smoothly, 3sec freeze

DarK_SaCoR

I've same problem. I had this problem with GMS 1.4 and now with GMS 2. I think the same. It must be a problem with the last windows update.