• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX GameMaker Studio 2 freezing issue

jjettii

Hello! Fairly new to GameMaker and the GameMaker community, hoping this is the best place to reach out (and apologies if a common solution is already posted somewhere, I did give a look first.)

The program is freezing up on me quite often, I'd say on average every 20 minutes. It typically seems to occur when I command+tab to a different window/program, or when I run my game, but has happened in the middle of typing out code. What happens is the entire program becomes unresponsive. Clicking anywhere has no response. I can still minimize/maximize the window, or hide/pull up the GM2 window, but it is still unresponsive. I'm required to force quit the program and re-open. I notice that when I open the force quit panel, it doesn't state that the program is unresponsive, which is unusual when a program becomes unresponsive.

Here's what I'm running:
IDE Version: 2.2.5.481
Current Runtime: 2.2.5.378

macOS Catalina 10.15.2
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)
1.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

I believe everything is up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated!