1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NOTICE: We will be applying a Xenforo update on Tuesday 25th of February. This means that from approximately 10:00 to 14:00 BST the forums will be offline (or possibly longer). Sorry for the inconvenience! Official Announcement here.

Mac OSX GameMaker Studio 2 freezing issue

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by jjettii, Jan 23, 2020.

1. jjettii

jjettii Member

Hello! Fairly new to GameMaker and the GameMaker community, hoping this is the best place to reach out (and apologies if a common solution is already posted somewhere, I did give a look first.)

The program is freezing up on me quite often, I'd say on average every 20 minutes. It typically seems to occur when I command+tab to a different window/program, or when I run my game, but has happened in the middle of typing out code. What happens is the entire program becomes unresponsive. Clicking anywhere has no response. I can still minimize/maximize the window, or hide/pull up the GM2 window, but it is still unresponsive. I'm required to force quit the program and re-open. I notice that when I open the force quit panel, it doesn't state that the program is unresponsive, which is unusual when a program becomes unresponsive.

Here's what I'm running:
    IDE Version: 2.2.5.481
    Current Runtime: 2.2.5.378

macOS Catalina 10.15.2
    MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)
    1.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

I believe everything is up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Toque

Toque Member

Odd. I’m running similar hardware (i7) and don’t remember it ever freezing.