• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GameMaker Studio 2 font in editor is almost unreadable

D

douglasv8

GameMaker Studio 2 font in editor is almost unreadable
Windows 10 64 bit
font in editor looks blurred, font settings: consolas , regular, size 10, 14, 16 no improvement
this is not a pleasant coding experience

video drivers up to date, window anti-aliasing on etc

I have a top end video card ,

What am I missing???

Thank you,
Douglasv8

pixelatedText.PNG pixelatedText1.PNG

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Might need to tweak DPI in GMS2 settings and/or disable DPI scale for GMS2 via Windows control panel or "compatibility" tab in shortcut properties - it does look like yours is something like 175% and applying independently from GMS2 drawing

Jobo

GMC Elder
It looks like your workspace might be zoomed in. Try clicking this button in the toolbar.

D

douglasv8

Might need to tweak DPI in GMS2 settings and/or disable DPI scale for GMS2 via Windows control panel or "compatibility" tab in shortcut properties - it does look like yours is something like 175% and applying independently from GMS2 drawing
Thank you for your fast reply and good information
In "GameMakerStudio.exe" -> Properties -> Compatibility -> I clicked on "Run compatibility troubleshooter" and that did the trick
douglasv8