• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GameMaker Studio 2 doesn't open ! [ Unable to login - failed to get a Steam session ticket ]

I bought GameMaker Studio 2 on Steam. but I couldn't use it so much since I bought it. I always get the same error. I rarely see this error when I'm lucky. But I usually see this error.

When I try to open GameMaker Studio 2, these events are happening respectively.
• A window that says : "Error (42) - One or more required parameters was missing" I click the only button that is "Retry".
• GameMaker wants me to enter my email/username and password
• Then a window comes that says this : "Unable to login - Failed to get a Steam session ticket."
If I click the Retry button that is only button, the window is coming that asks username and password again. And a vicious circle begins.

I tried reinstalling GameMaker from Steam for a lot of times. I also tried switching between different beta versions. But in all, the result is the same.

I also experience a different problem when I try to install the standalone version. The installer wizard tells me that GameMaker is already installed on my computer and will be uninstalled (Even if I had previously uninstall Game Maker using Steam.). I choose OK, so the old GameMaker will be deleted automatically. However, after clicking OK, the window disappears and the wizard never comes back. If I open the wizard myself again, I still get a window saying that GameMaker is already on my computer. And a vicious circle again !

I really don't know what I should do. All I know is that I bought GameMaker, but I haven't been able to use it for a long time. :( Please help me...
Thanks...

S

Silverwolf2k6

I'm having the same issue, did you happen to solve it in the end?