• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED GameMaker Studio 2 - "Building" stuck

I know someone posted a similar thread, but I still felt the need to post it, since it's been bugging me for a few days.

So this started happening after I got version 2.2.5.481 of GameMaker Studio 2 back after I got rid of version 2.3.0.529, because I didn't like that version's layout. When I try to run the game on the older version, for some reason it got stuck on "Building", and the game wouldn't run. I had to close it to get it to stop. The game runs fine on version 2.3.0.529, and I know because I got that version back, before reverting again because of the layout.

This problem only happens on my laptop, where the GameMaker Studio 2 program files and my project files are in the D: drive rather than the usual C: drive, as the C: drive is nearly full (in fact, it was probably half full when I first got it!), and I wanted to cut down on disk space (and even when I did move my files to the C: drive, the problem still occurs). It still works fine on my desktop (where I still have version 2.2.5.481 and haven't updated to version 2.3.0.529, again because of that horrid layout), maybe either of that had something to do with it?

Were you trying to "build" this project file again on v.2.2.5 - which had been converted at the start of your using v.2.3? If yes, then that's probably the reason for failing to build on the older IDE. Read paragraph 2 : https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes.html. Once converted, that project file is no longer usable on v.2.2.5 unless you have kept a back up of the pre-converted project to revert to.

Roldy

I know someone posted a similar thread, but I still felt the need to post it, since it's been bugging me for a few days.

So this started happening after I got version 2.2.5.481 of GameMaker Studio 2 back after I got rid of version 2.3.0.529, because I didn't like that version's layout. When I try to run the game on the older version, for some reason it got stuck on "Building", and the game wouldn't run. I had to close it to get it to stop. The game runs fine on version 2.3.0.529, and I know because I got that version back, before reverting again because of the layout.

This problem only happens on my laptop, where the GameMaker Studio 2 program files and my project files are in the D: drive rather than the usual C: drive, as the C: drive is nearly full (in fact, it was probably half full when I first got it!), and I wanted to cut down on disk space (and even when I did move my files to the C: drive, the problem still occurs). It still works fine on my desktop (where I still have version 2.2.5.481 and haven't updated to version 2.3.0.529, again because of that horrid layout), maybe either of that had something to do with it?

File->Preferences->Runtime Feeds. Make sure you are using the 2.2.5 runtime.

Were you trying to "build" this project file again on v.2.2.5 - which had been converted at the start of your using v.2.3? If yes, then that's probably the reason for failing to build on the older IDE. Read paragraph 2 : https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes.html. Once converted, that project file is no longer usable on v.2.2.5 unless you have kept a back up of the pre-converted project to revert to.
Well, I was using the original file to begin with. Remember, I said everything else worked fine, it's just the game wouldn't run and it got stuck on "Building". When I converted it to the new format, I renamed it slightly.

Haven't thought of that. I'll give that a try.

Haven't thought of that. I'll give that a try.
Gave that a try and it now works like a charm. Thanks.