OFFICIAL GameMaker Studio 2: Available for Purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sharpie89

Yes, you do indeed. :)
How does it work with publishing on all platforms? If you buy GMS 2, will you be able to publish on android etc.?
If you buy the master pack for GMS 1.4, do you get tools to publish for android on GMS 2 when it comes out?

Perseus

Not Medusa
Forum Staff
Well, since an Admin has now spoken up, I'm guessing the unanswered questions mean there's no news.
Not necessarily. The GMC is a community run forum, so YYG staff need not be obliged to answer every question raised here. If you are looking for any official product support from YoYo Games then please make use of the official YoYo Games Helpdesk as questions can easily go unnoticed on such a large community. But the question that you (and @AndrewCampbell) wanted an answer to has already been covered by the official Road Map -- GMS 2 will come out of Beta in Q1, 2017 prior to the release of the Mac IDE Public Beta.

How does it work with publishing on all platforms? If you buy GMS 2, will you be able to publish on android etc.?
Yes, if you buy the Mobile export modules. If you want to publish via GMS 1.4, then you'll have to buy the Android export module now as GMS 2 will come with a GMS 1.4 Professional license -- Windows, Mac and Ubuntu being the only available modules by default. Simply buying the Mobile exports for GMS 2 will be a better way to go.

If you buy the master pack for GMS 1.4, do you get tools to publish for android on GMS 2 when it comes out?
You'll get a discount on each product, but you will still have to pay for it. Buying GMS 1.4 Master now just for the sake of getting a discount isn't worth the trouble. So get the modules that you need for GMS 2.

F

Forester

This is great news to hear. I personally wasn't expecting any sort of discount for 1.4 owners, but it's awesome that there is. Does the discount expire when it comes out of beta?

This is great news to hear. I personally wasn't expecting any sort of discount for 1.4 owners, but it's awesome that there is. Does the discount expire when it comes out of beta?
Not yet known when the discounts will expire. I believe that YYG will make an announcement beforehand so that people are still able to get the discount before the offer gets closed off. I would personally expect it to happy some time after the beta has completed to allow those people that do not want to try GMS2 while it is in beta time to still get the discounts.

A

Alyxx

Just bought it. The upgrade offer is great so I might as well exploit it while it lasts rather than pay full price later. I am not sure if or when I will migrate my project to it, maybe when it's gotten more features and such, since it just got out of beta.
But at least I own it so that's good.

K

Kazzerigian

Sorry, but I don't see UWP being worth much today and do wonder about it's longevity given how Microsoft has handled gaming overall in it's platforms. Can anyone persuade me otherwise? Thanks.

F

Falconsoft-Industries

My steam account got hacked and the hacker banned my steam account is there anything I can do?

S

Storyteller

did you remove PayPal as a payment method?

I used PP for my Desktop upgrade, now Im trying to grab the HTML5 upgrade, but PP isnt listed.

rIKmAN

right, but it seems they have lost a payment provider... Im just wondering if it is coming back.
I have a couple of things that are going to process through PP. If it goes out of order, I might miss this sale.
No worries, I can try to pick up HTML 5 in August I guess.
I would assume they have lost it because as that post says they are upgrading the payment providers.

Email the helpdesk, they will help you if you need to pay via PP.

C

connorhawke

GMS2 gets stuck Installing runtime 2.0.5.49. Does it rely on a stable internet connection?

edit: got a better internet connection and it worked

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cappa Games

I've been trying to buy GMS2 Master Collection Upgrade before the promotion runs out, but it won't accept my payment. Does Yoyo have a problem with payments right now? Because I've tried several times.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Not on Steam though.
Unless you're from a locale where the Steam sale price is substantially lower than YoYo's, there's no reason to wait for Steam. Besides, buying straight from YoYo gives you Steam access all the same, and updates arrive on the non-Steam version way sooner than the Steam version.

MrCook

Unless you're from a locale where the Steam sale price is substantially lower than YoYo's, there's no reason to wait for Steam. Besides, buying straight from YoYo gives you Steam access all the same, and updates arrive on the non-Steam version way sooner than the Steam version.
The "updates arrive..." statement was hilarious. Anyways, I bought on Steam because I had funds sitting there. Also there's the Steam 2 week refund policy. It was somewhat cheaper as well, but I can't call the desktop edition expensive or anything. Personally I'll keep waiting for that cpu fix. That's all I do since the beta launch. Unless that's solved I won't bother with GMS2. I was just hoping we had a chance at it before the discount deadline. For me GMS2 is still in beta.

C

Chupiperasaurio Studios

Are we going to recieve DX 12 support? GMS2 games can be really heavy for the CPU and it would be really nice to be able to asign code to the different cores they have.

T

The Little Game Dev

Not sure if I should upgrade or not. Is there a free version?

The Trial version is free. It is also limited with the number of resources you can use, but gives you an idea of what you would be buying if you wanted to purchase GMS2.

S

Silversea

Do I need to buy multiple different versions of GMS 2 to replace the functionality I had with GMS 1 licenses? In GMS 1 you bought licenses for exporting. It seems those don't exist for GMS 2. Instead I see a "Desktop" version of GMS 2, a "mobile" one and so on. There are no licenses listed for GMS 2. Is that how GMS is working going forward?

rIKmAN

Do I need to buy multiple different versions of GMS 2 to replace the functionality I had with GMS 1 licenses? In GMS 1 you bought licenses for exporting. It seems those don't exist for GMS 2. Instead I see a "Desktop" version of GMS 2, a "mobile" one and so on. There are no licenses listed for GMS 2. Is that how GMS is working going forward?
Desktop is for Windows.
Mobile is for Android & iOS.
UWP is for Windows Store, Windows Phone and XB1.
HTML5 is for HTML5.

G

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but those versions are licenses. The purchase table explains the "target platforms" for exporting supported for each version.

C

CedSharp

No.
You can't buy "GMS 2" itself.
GMS 2 comes for free with whatever platform you decide to buy.

If you buy desktop, you'll get export for Windows, Mac and Linux.
If then decide to buy HTML5, then this target will be added to the available list in GMS2.

You won't have to switch between "different GMS 2 programs" to buid for different target.

Hope this clears up for you :)

L

Lord-Xanthor

I had an order I was going to be placing shortly, but a change was made and I'm having second thoughts now. Originally the older versions 1.4 were for both the stand alone and steam versions. A change in the cart is now showing steam version separate from regular which would mean having to pay double now?
Editing this because it looks like this question is about buying the old version. What I am trying to ask, is the upgrade deal that ends in August for 2.0. Originally, I was under the impression that buying/upgrading 1.4 to 2.0 included both stand alone and steam versions as they had in the past, and when I had both the main program and additions for like HTML5 and Android in the cart ready for purchasing straight from yoyo games, that it was for both versions, but over night the cart reset and now its showing the entire standalone version and additions separate from one another basically doubling the price. Are both stand alone and steam now being sold separately or is there a bug in the cart system charging double?

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lord-Xanthor

I had an order I was going to be placing shortly, but a change was made and I'm having second thoughts now. Originally the older versions 1.4 were for both the stand alone and steam versions. A change in the cart is now showing steam version separate from regular which would mean having to pay double now?
Editing this because it looks like this question is about buying the old version. What I am trying to ask, is the upgrade deal that ends in August for 2.0. Originally, I was under the impression that buying/upgrading 1.4 to 2.0 included both stand alone and steam versions as they had in the past, and when I had both the main program and additions for like HTML5 and Android in the cart ready for purchasing straight from yoyo games, that it was for both versions, but over night the cart reset and now its showing the entire standalone version and additions separate from one another basically doubling the price. Are both stand alone and steam now being sold separately or is there a bug in the cart system charging double?
Wow, no staff reply at all to previous post. Didnt buy anything because of that. Sorry, but if it was inportant to make a $800 sale during promotion I would have thought answering two questions above would be simple. I guess ill wait to 3.0 comes out now and 2.0 gets boundled up in several years.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Wow, no staff reply at all to previous post. Didnt buy anything because of that. Sorry, but if it was inportant to make a $800 sale during promotion I would have thought answering two questions above would be simple. I guess ill wait to 3.0 comes out now and 2.0 gets boundled up in several years.
If you are waiting for staff replies on the GMC, you are waiting in the wrong line. Please keep in mind that the GMC is community-managed and therefore not the correct place to contact YoYo Games. For official inquiries, please use the contact form, as YoYo Games staff browses this community in their spare time (if at all) as members of a community, not as representatives of YoYo Games.

That aside, this article should be helpful: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753768-Activating-GameMaker-on-Steam

rIKmAN

Link your account and you get access to both no matter which one you buy.

Buy on Steam and you also get access to standalone, buy standalone and you also get access on Steam.

S

Snake Nox

Its been pretty good so far. My screen freezes sometimes completely for 4 seconds, and does so multiple times, but other times it doesnt happen at all. Probably a computer issue on my end, but wanted to meantion it.

U

Ukaygee

Since GMS2 is $99.99, I assume it is the equivalent of GMS1 Professional Edition? With GMS2 would I have features such as renaming the tab so it doesn't say "Made with GameMaker Studio"? Or could I use vector images?

Status
Not open for further replies.