• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

GameMaker Studio 1.4 Not letting me in (login not working)

R

Red Phantom

Please Help! I shouldn't need a licence key to run gamemaker 1.4 free version?

So I was originally using gamemaker studio 8 lite.

Now I've chosen to upgrade to the free version of gamemaker studio 1.4 (.1763) to remove the "gamemaker" water mark when creating an executable for your game. Does gamemaker studio 1.4 FREE actually remove this watermark?

I got 3 errors: 2 when loading gamemaker 1.4 and 1 final error when trying to login to gamemaker studio 1.4. Please see Images of Errors.
Error login gamemaker.PNG
Error when loading gamemakerr.PNG
Error when loading gamemaker.PNG

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
First of all, YoYo ceased giving out 1.4 Free licenses earlier this year. Whatever you have must be either stale or illegitimate.

Second of all, 1.4.1763 was released over a year ago, and is commonly associated with pirated software. The only version of 1.4 today that works properly without that error is 1.4.9999, which has severed all non-licensing ties to YoYo online resources (all of which has been taken offline since August).

If you want legitimate support from an official source, don't expect it with illegitimate copies of software from an unofficial source.