OFFICIAL GameMaker: Studio 1.4.9999 Released - FEEDBACK

L

Lonewolff

Or upgrade.

Those 'minor issues' are not going to go away. They are perma-locked in.

rIKmAN

Or upgrade.

Those 'minor issues' are not going to go away. They are perma-locked in.
That would be the best solution for avoiding any remaining 1.4 issues as like you say they are not going to be fixed, however some people don't like hearing that as a solution as they wanna get the full worth out of their $15 Humble Bundle.

L

Lonewolff

True.

1.4 is still extremely usable though. I haven't come across any breaking bugs. Still seems to be great for overall development. But if I were to release something commercially, I'd strongly recommend porting it to 2.x first. As it will most certainly bite you later on, especially on non desktop targets.

skofrant

Hey guys, I just downloaded 1.4.9999. When I started the program, I was sent to the start page where it prompted me to log in.

I heard that this version no longer has online shtuffs, but I am unable to access the program until I can actually log in. When I input my account credentials, the login
bar freezes halfway, before disappearing and I am unable to click the Log In button again. Is there any way to fix this?

Game maker was what got me into games development, and to this day, I still use 1.4's sprite editor for all my sprites.
Game Maker studio 2 just didn't work for me - especially the sprite editor. And since I spent many years making sprites in 1.4's sprite editor, I can no longer get used to any other program.
Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi guys..I have a similar problem as my colleagues above

I downloaded the version from yoyogames 1.4.999

when I try to log into my account, this information pops up

GML:
element "array" does not contain a single text node
I can't do anything else..I also changed my password to yoyogames and updated my data..and it doesn't help..Please help what should I do?

chamaeleon

Hi guys..I have a similar problem as my colleagues above

I downloaded the version from yoyogames 1.4.999

when I try to log into my account, this information pops up

GML:
element "array" does not contain a single text node
I can't do anything else..I also changed my password to yoyogames and updated my data..and it doesn't help..Please help what should I do?
Try logging into your yoyo account in a web browser, request license recovery to be sent by email from your purchased product page, and ignore the username/password combo and just use the serial key instead? Just guessing, I have no desire to install GMS 1.4 at this point and my memory may be faulty.

skofrant

Try logging into your yoyo account in a web browser, request license recovery to be sent by email from your purchased product page, and ignore the username/password combo and just use the serial key instead? Just guessing, I have no desire to install GMS 1.4 at this point and my memory may be faulty.
everything is fine, but I have a STEAM license and I do not have a key

skofrant

Given no updates are coming for 1.4 since a few years now, why not ensure your steam account is linked to your yoyo account, and get the license key there?
I have version 1.4.8x professional on steam, when I log on to yoyogames there is an installer for version 1.4.9x but I can't log in to change the license from standard to professional

chamaeleon

I have version 1.4.8x professional on steam, when I log on to yoyogames there is an installer for version 1.4.9x but I can't log in to change the license from standard to professional
If there is a discrepancy between what steam thinks you own and what yoyo thinks you own, I imagine they would be able to resolve that through a support request.