• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Gamemaker resource tree is lagging [1.499]

T

tamation

Hey all

My game is running fine once it starts, zero lag, everything runs as it should. All good there.

The problem is that gamemaker itself is lagging, in the resource tree specifically.

If I need to choose a new object to place in a room from the drop down menu, it takes MULTIPLE clicks to get it to register that I've chosen it, if I need to select an object to edit its code from the tree it again takes multiple clicks to make it register, sometimes multiple objects will get highlighted as if they've been selected and be stuck as selected, opening the wrong one when I'm trying to open something else. All sorts of problems like this.

It's very frustrating as again my game is running fine, but it is becoming more and more impossible to actually add stuff to it since creating new objects and choosing sprites for them is a process that should only take 30 seconds, but can now take up to five minutes just due to the entire software freezing and clicks not registering.

I've tried clearing all three directories from preferences, uninstalling and reinstalling gamemaker itself, clearing up a total of 50GB of back-up files and cache. Nothing has even slightly helped thus far and it's getting very hard to work with.

Extra info:

Number of sprites: 204
Average sprite size is 16x16, maximum sprite size is 256x144

Number of objects: 150
Most objects don't have code as they are just graphics assets, and if they do it's just one or two events for create and step. Nothing fancy.

I've been using this version of gamemaker on my current set-up now for over 2 years and haven't ever experienced this sort of unresponsive lag before

Here's an example video of how it takes almost 30 seconds to simply change an object's sprite due to the unresponsive nature of the menus:

If there's anything anyone could suggest to try and help fix this issue I'd greatly appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator: