• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Gamemaker not registering clicks in the resource tree

T

tamation

I posted about this a few months ago, and it's rather annoying because I'm really not sure what causes this issue, and some days GameMaker is working perfectly fine, and other days it's completely unusable.

The basic premise of my issue is that GameMaker is a bit funny when it comes to registering clicks in the resource tree. Sometimes when clicking on rooms or objects, it'll automatically register a double click and begin dragging the resource, sometimes it will highlight multiple resources blue and randomly open one of the highlighted ones when something is double clicked. Other times when it comes to creating a new object, or trying to place an object in a room, it won't register clicking at all and can take up to 30 clicks to even register one. I've googled this a lot and haven't found anyone else with this issue, and I've tried everything from closing and opening the software again to completely re-installing GameMaker to even getting a new mouse and nothing's made any difference. Although it does seem to be better some days and worse others. I'm just wondering if there's any known reason why this could be occurring and how I can stop it for good.

This is an example video from the last post showing how it can take up to 23 seconds just to simply assign an object a sprite:

Any help with this at all would be greatly appreciated.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Is your PC slow and/or under heavy load while this happens? It looks like what happens when I overload my CPU and it's peaking.

T

tamation

Is your PC slow and/or under heavy load while this happens? It looks like what happens when I overload my CPU and it's peaking.
Not particularly. Unless I'm listening to music while coding GameMaker is usually the only program I have open at the time. Usually around 10-20% CPU usage at the most.