• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

iOS GameMaker not actually saving in Documents directory

G

Gooroo7

GameMaker says that the default working directory for iOS is the Documents directory in your app files: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...s-must-follow-the-iOS-data-storage-guidelines. However, when I print out the value of the working_directory variable, I get this as output: "/var/containers/Bundles/Application/[application code]/[app name].app/games/". I don't know about you, but that sure as heck doesn't look like the Documents directory... Shouldn't it be "/var/containers/Bundles/Application/[application code]/Documents/"? I need to save my save file here so that it is backed up to iCloud. Is GameMaker sandboxing the iOS sandbox?

EDIT: Actually, it should be saving at "/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/[application code]/Documents"...

G

Gooroo7

Nevermind. I used filename_dir() to check the actual location of a written file and it was in the Documents directory. False alarm!