• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GameMaker looks pixelated.

rIKmAN

look how ugly game maker gets sometimes. how to fix it please?
Looks like you've slightly zoomed the workspace - see how the Resource Tree on the right looks fine?

If you double click any of the chained windows it should return to 100% zoom and look normal again.
You might have to zoom out a little more and then double click if it doesn't work first time.

IGameArt

Yeah, you have zoomed in, and stretched the pixels in the workspace. Zooming is done by pressing control then scrolling the mouse wheel. As rikman said, you can double click on one of those windows to reset the zoom.

I

imuniz

I though my gm was with some problem. Actually the problem is normal. o_O

IGameArt

I find that zooming out is incredibly helpful if I happen to have like 10 or more scripts/objects open in a workspace.

rIKmAN

Yeah I had zoomed in, but if zooming in makes all get blurry, why does it even exist?
The idea with the workspaces is that you can have multiple windows open at the same time, so you zoom out to easily move and pan and then zoom back in the resume coding.

However unless the windows are right next to each I never scroll around the workspace, I use the Resource Tree, CTRL+T and the Recent Windows dock and let the IDE auto-navigate to the correct window for me, much easier.