• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED GameMaker empty? [IMPORTANT]

After updating game maker studio 2 to the latest version, I am given a completely empty screen even though the game's files exist.

I have tried reinstalling gamemaker.

I have tried an older version.

The project wont even play and I cant open settings.

1631138235770.png

Last edited:

gnysek

So you probably need to install previous version as for now, and report a bug to YYG. They will for sure make a hotfix for this in few days, as I see more people got this issue.

So you probably need to install previous version as for now, and report a bug to YYG. They will for sure make a hotfix for this in few days, as I see more people got this issue.
I guess I will wait for a hotfix. Very disappointing since I finally have time to develop.

You can try to install latest beta, it's working for me on Windows, maybe it's only stable which got some more fixes since last beta and have this issue - you can grab beta for Windows here: https://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes-NuBeta.html .
I didn't checked stable yet, as seeing bugs like this I'm also waiting for hotfix already.
After trying the beta it still doesn't work. I guess I'll have to be patient but I'm definitely worried about my project.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Select Windows > Asset Browser, then dock the result into the right panel.

I have not seen this issue on either the 2.3.4 stable or the beta that preceded it, so something happened on your end only.

splatdog

I had the same issue with version 2.3.4. For now, I reverted back to the last version. All my tabs and everything in my workspace was closed sadly. I had to redock the Asset Browser.

I am also having the same issue. Running it in an old version and resetting the layout fixes it but only for that version. Running it in 2.3.4 again after saving brings back the issue.

Hexer

Just wanted to add that I also have the same issue, and I know at least one other person having it as well.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Try to delete these folders:
⚠ Before deleting, close GMS2 completely.

1:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\yourname_xxxxxxx
⚠ Attention, the folder above is with IDE settings, make a backup before deleting, to see if it works.
You will see a folder that looks like this:

2:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache
3:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP

When opening GMS2 again, enter login information and load your project.