• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows gamemaker distorted on "Home" startup page?

kpenrose92

Hello, for the past few days when I open GMS 2, it looks like this:

2020-02-27.png

Typically when I restart my computer it will work, but this is getting very tedious and is happening almost every time I open GMS2. Anybody know what is going on here? Using Windows 10.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Did the beginning of this issue's occurrences coincide with any major changes to your system or setup? For example, hardware changes, updating GMS2, updating drivers, updating your OS...

kpenrose92

Did the beginning of this issue's occurrences coincide with any major changes to your system or setup? For example, hardware changes, updating GMS2, updating drivers, updating your OS...
There were Windows updates as well as a GMS2 update about a day before this started happening, so it's very possible they could be related. No hardware changes.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Jokes aside,

Have you tried playing games ? Does this happen in games ?
Have you encountered this sort of screen tearing or issues in other programs ?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
There were Windows updates as well as a GMS2 update about a day before this started happening, so it's very possible they could be related. No hardware changes.
Any chance to roll back either of those to check if the problem still happens?