• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Gamemaker 8.1 Disable Error Messages?

Binsk

You generally can't. GM8 doesn't have try/catch statements so if there is an error there is no way to catch it. GM just spits it out.

Just don't have errors.

CloseRange

Well if know where you'd expect an error you can just do a check to see if that error occured and just pop up a message.
If you think a surface might not exist, check for a surface and if none is there pop up the error.
If you think a number might be divided by 0, then check for 0 and if so throw the error.

Of course you can't just have it be a generic "if any error happens" but that's the case even with try catch statements.

TheouAegis

I want to make my project display a custom, in game, error message, how would i do that?
Yes, you can disable the showing of error messages via the Global Game Settings. You can make your own error messages if you know what to expect using the variables error_occurred and error_last and the function show_error().