• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Gamemaker 2 wont open please help :(

G

Goby123

Hello all, i know that other guys had this problem but i did everything other posts said... the program just wont open, i runned as adimistrator and still nothing, it just show a bit the mouse icon that it load and nothing.

Yes i checked windows firewall by putting in here the .exe and allowing access to public and private networks.

Yes i reinstalled the program still nothing.

Yes i updates the windows to the last version.

And no, i dont think the antivirus blocked because it would announce me if it did that.... help please i just want to this program ;-;

• Sad
Reactions: Mut

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Did you try copying C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2\mesa\opengl32.dll to C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2?

G

Goby123

Did you try copying C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2\mesa\opengl32.dll to C:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2?
Yes i did that an that dll was already there, i wonder if its the problem that i didnt installed in C... and not only that but when i installed it took a while to install for some reason.
Edit: now i seen better, that dll was not there but it still wont work, same problem ;-;

rIKmAN

Edit: now i seen better, that dll was not there but it still wont work, same problem ;-;
Seems like you may have got a little confused as to the steps, so try reinstalling GMS2 and following the steps in this guide to make sure you are doing it correctly.
If you follow those steps and it still doesn't work, do what @gnysek suggested and take a look at your ui.log file to see if any errors are reported in there to give an idea of what the possible issue is.