• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GameMaker 2 takes too long to run the game.

P

ponotte

Hello!

So, the problem is that when i launch the game, it takes 1-2min to start the game.
This is actually weird problem, because when i restart my computer, sometimes it get fixed, but the problem will come suddenly back at somepoint.
Things i've tried:
-Uninstalling steam version, and downloading gm2 from yoyogames site.
-Reinstalled couple times.
-Launch the gm2 mobile on steam, since i have the license, but obviously it's the same program.
-Tried to launch different project, but had the same problem.

So, it cant be anything about i've coded or stuff i have done to project, cause the same problem is on every project i try to launch.
When i launch the game, gm does all the stuff it's supposed to, and then it just stops doing anything and after 1-2min the game will launch.
Last thing in output before gm stops doing anything is this.

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe DONE (0)
DoSteam
Igor complete.
[Run] Run game
Options: Z:/SynthInvas_36BD1CAF_56BA89C6\MainOptions.json
X://windows/Runner.exe -game
"Y:/SynthInvasion_3AA9254F_VM\SynthInvasion.win"

R

rantedd

I'm having a really similar problem. Anyone's up with any kind of solution? :-(

sylvain_l

any antivirus with a "live protection" ?
that will prevent the game for running without the antivirus blocking the game to check if it's not malicious.

P

ponotte

any antivirus with a "live protection" ?
that will prevent the game for running without the antivirus blocking the game to check if it's not malicious.
yo, i have malwarebyte. so what i did was i added gm and all the gm things in exeptions in malwarebytes, and restarted. so far it's working! if it keeps working, you have saved me from losing anymore brain cells on this problem! :)