Gamemaker 2 Sprite editor/creator

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by Etch, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Etch

Etch Member

Hello Everyone. I've been having a little difficulty with the gamemaker sprite editor. I have an UGEE tablet monitor I use to draw, and I've been trying to create the sprite animations using gamemakers built in editor.

The problem is, I have no idea how to create the next frame for animation while using the previous frame as a base. for example, when walking, Stationary pose (frame 1) > first step(Frame 2). I want to trace over frame 1 for frame 2 so that the animation can be consistent and not sloppy looking. I've tried to duplicate the frame, create a second layer and delete the first layer, BUT that deletes the first frames layer 1 as well. I am having a hard time finding anything online or in the learning part of gamemaker's website explaining how to use it.

I want to solely use the editor in Gamemaker if possible to develop the assets and sprites. I have photoshop and clip studio PRO to develop animations to import, but i'm having a hard time learning that feature.

Thanks for your time.

2. Toque

Toque Member

woodsmoke and Etch like this.
  3. Etch

Etch Member

This is perfect! Thank you so much for this!