• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE GameMaker 2 Proffesional?

T

TwistDragon

Hi!

(Hope this is in the right place)
I just saw that GameMaker 2 is out in beta, and i can pay to "Upgrade", but i would like to knoiw if i get GM 2 Proffesional since i own GM Proffesional, and will i be able to add it to my steam accound?

Cheers.
Twist~

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
There is no GMS professional. There are different export bundles for Desktop, Web and Mobile, and yes, you can get a discount if you purchase GMS2 just now. Oh, and no, there is no STeam version of GMS 2.

T

TwistDragon

There is no GMS professional. There are different export bundles for Desktop, Web and Mobile, and yes, you can get a discount if you purchase GMS2 just now. Oh, and no, there is no STeam version of GMS 2.
But i get access to all what gm2 offers? (not incliding the different bundles)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you mean that once you buy any package (desktop, web or mobile) are the trial restrictions lifted, then yes! Once you pay for any of the licences, all the restrictions that the trial version has are lifted and you get the full product.

T

TwistDragon

If you mean that once you buy any package (desktop, web or mobile) are the trial restrictions lifted, then yes! Once you pay for any of the licences, all the restrictions that the trial version has are lifted and you get the full product.
Alright, i might upgrade at some point, i just don't want to lose what i can do with my gm proffesional :)

oh and btw, how long is the offer of upgrading for?

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

I honestly have no idea. I would imagine at least until the official launch sometime in the first quarter of 2017... but other than that....
It would be very odd to remove an upgrade offer before the software had come out of beta and been officially released.