• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Gamemaker 1.4 Play screen is glitching badly!

pixeltroid

Guys! Ive started experiencing a weird problem.

My project file looks fine...all the rooms and objects are in place. No issue with code. Code compiles when I click "run game"....but once the game maker player window shows up...it starts off completely black and over times my sprites and tiles start appearing in a garbled form, as seen in the screenshot below.

gm_issue.jpg
Strangely, the game appears to be functioning underneath. Like...I can move my player, fire weapons, switch items etc. (I know this because I can hear the sounds of player running, shooting etc).

Does anyone know whats causing this issue????

Please help!