• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Opinion GameJolt or itch.io

M

Misu

After what happen with Steam, my teammates are having second thoughts of whether considering using Steam in the future or not. I preferly don't want to take the risk, specially when we are starting with no budget at all... So I need a backup. In between GameJolt and Itch.io, which of these have higher stands for audience and better at earning profit?

I need to hear from your opinions so I can have a better idea which I might consider taking in.

slojanko

From what I can tell you about my only game that's posted on both GameJolt and Itch.io, I think the latter is a better option. It generated more than 3x the views & downloads in just 6 months, compared to over 2 years on GameJolt. Itch.io supports payments without setting anything up either. I've also noticed Youtubers tend to play more games from Itch.io even if the same game can be found on GameJolt.

Is something stopping you from posting on both platforms?