• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

iOS GAME_RESTART(); ISSUE!

N

Nahual

Has anyone (working on a game for iOS) had this issue where at the GameOver screen of your game, to avoid any memory leaks and to restart the game in general the game does restart but with a black screen?

I get audio and I can somewhat play the game, I hear the game sounds if I jump or shoot but the entire goes black. This only happens on iOS devices, on Android or even on Mac/PC works just fine.

Does anybody know why this is happening?

Again, this only happens when in the game itself the game restarts and goes back to the title screen.

Rushad

Hey I am having the same problem on iOS and I have reported the bug to YoYo. Here is a link to the bug report :

I reported it a while back and it has been assigned a low priority bug so I'm not exactly sure when it will be fixed.

For the meanwhile I have removed game_restart() from my game and in its place I delete all objects and goto my first room

GML:
with(all)
{instance_destroy();}

room_goto(room0);

script_restart_game();    //My custom function
This works for me until they release a fix.

TheouAegis

Do you have a Cleanup Event that deletes all resources, surfaces, and whatever else, and starts everything back to 0? game_restart() doesn't clear all the memory, so I'm guessing you ran into a memory issue.