Steam game_end() function no longer working?

H

Heropants

Does anyone else run gamemaker through steam? If so, did you notice that after yesterday's update, the game_end() function causes your game to freeze every time the function is used? It happens to be 100% of the time now. I've tried to reinstall the game with no luck. I'm hoping I don't need to try and completely reinstall steam but if other steam users aren't having the same problem, I'll give it a try. Is anyone else using steam to run the program having this problem?

Oh, it's gamemaker: studio, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Heropants

I never heard of the end_game() function but I have heard of the game_end() function though.
Sorry, the game_end() function. I fixed it in the post though I can't fix it in the title. Are you having this problem though?

KurtBlissZ

You can edit the title name just to the right of it, in the upper right hand corner. Not while you're editing you post, just while viewing your post.

I'm guessing this is happening on the windows export right?

H

Heropants

game_end() works perfectly in my game. How are you calling this function?
Literally just in any event. I can make a new project, add an event for "press down key" and add the code game_end() and it hangs. I'm reinstalling steam to see if that makes any difference. I am also using studio (professional edition) with a couple add on's including YYC.

H

Heropants

You can edit the title name just to the right of it, in the upper right hand corner. Not while you're editing you post, just while viewing your post.

I'm guessing this is happening on the windows export right?
Ah, thanks! Yeah, when I set it to export to either windows or steam. It was literally working 2 days ago before they did the most recent update (that wasn't a very big one).

H

Heropants

Do you have a Game End event? Maybe even a Room End event?
No game end event or room end event. Literally just created a new project with one instance and that has one mouse click event that only does "game_end()"

A

Aleksandar Gavrilovic

Any news on this? An alternative way to exit the game maybe? I think I got this error when I switched to early access (because I need the splash screen)

H

Heropants

Yeah, just to confirm, this is fixed. I reported the bug to YoYo and they took care of it.