SOLVED Game won't start in or switch to fullscreen

R

ribys

[moved since I put this in the wrong subforum, my bad]

GMS2 2.2.5.481 on a MacOS 10.15.4. No matter what I do, my game won't start in fullscreen or go to fullscreen with window_set_fullscreen(true).

I have tried it with "Start fullscreen", "Allow fullscreen switching", "Allow window resize", and every combination of these enabled.

After I do window_set_fullscreen(true), window_get_fullscreen() sometimes returns 1, sometimes 0, depending on where I put it. Right now it's in the boot room of the game and it returns 1. It seems to think it's in fullscreen - e.g. window_center() doesn't do anything. But the game window is never in fullscreen. I'm not changing my window size programmatically either. I've read many, many posts about this and can't figure out why this isn't working.

Any idea where I'm going wrong here?

I'm also on a Mac, I remember having issues with this, I remember GMS2 forcing me to use an in-built keyboard shortcut to get the game full screen, im trying to remember what it is.....

R

ribys

Turns out the problem was that my computer screen is perfectly sized so that the MacOS Settings window gets cut off just above the "Apply" button at the bottom.

Hah, I wondered why changes to my settings were never sticking after I closed and reopened the project. Scrolled down finally and saw the dang apply button. Clicked it and it works, of course. Wow. I really spent like 5 hours on this.