• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game won't run

J

James Rix

I recently bought a Mac to use Game maker studio 2 on. I was following a tutorial on how to use the program, as I am new, and all was going well until I wanted to test run my game. It came up with this message in the output window:

Saving project to: /Users/jamesrix/GameMakerStudio2/platformer practice/platformer practice.yyp
Saving 3 resources
"/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.3.344/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/8r/m54f64r56p9cql0n4bydxxch0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Run

FAILED: Run Program Complete

essentially my game won't run when I try to test it. is there anything I can do to fix this? Also I'm using the free trial version of the program.

Binsk

I'm not familiar with MAC but can you post the whole compiler output instead of just the snippit? There might be something else in there that gives a hint. When you do, since it is so long, post it in
Code:
[code][/ code]
tags so its easier to read.

And, since it never hurts anything, you can always try cleaning the project (ctrl+f7) before running it again. You'd be surprised at how many times that fixes compiling problems.