Game won't run

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by James Rix, Oct 3, 2019.

1. James Rix

James Rix Member

I recently bought a Mac to use Game maker studio 2 on. I was following a tutorial on how to use the program, as I am new, and all was going well until I wanted to test run my game. It came up with this message in the output window:

Saving project to: /Users/jamesrix/GameMakerStudio2/platformer practice/platformer practice.yyp
    Saving 3 resources
    "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.3.344/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/8r/m54f64r56p9cql0n4bydxxch0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Run

FAILED: Run Program Complete

essentially my game won't run when I try to test it. is there anything I can do to fix this? Also I'm using the free trial version of the program.

2. Binsk

Binsk Member

I'm not familiar with MAC but can you post the whole compiler output instead of just the snippit? There might be something else in there that gives a hint. When you do, since it is so long, post it in
    Code:
    [code][/ code]
    tags so its easier to read.

And, since it never hurts anything, you can always try cleaning the project (ctrl+f7) before running it again. You'd be surprised at how many times that fixes compiling problems.

James Rix likes this.