• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Game won't run

K

kingjohnc19

I just opened GameMaker today and made some changes to a game I am making. I tried to run the game. The console didn't pop up and nothing happened. I was confused but just tried to run it again. It didn't work. I saw a video about installing a new runtime or something, and i did that. Nothing. What should I do? I've tried so many things. When I manually open the output, it says: FAILED: Run Program Complete.

When I manually open the output, it says: FAILED: Run Program Complete.
It might say that at the bottom of the output window, but you will need to look at the whole of the output by scrolling up just in case there are errors shown in the output. If you can't find anything, please paste the entirety of the output window (and use code tags so it gets formatted properly - if you don't know how to do that you need to go read the forum guidelines) so we can have a look.

K

kingjohnc19

It might say that at the bottom of the output window, but you will need to look at the whole of the output by scrolling up just in case there are errors shown in the output. If you can't find anything, please paste the entirety of the output window (and use code tags so it gets formatted properly - if you don't know how to do that you need to go read the forum guidelines) so we can have a look.
Where do you find the forum guidelines?
The whole output says:
Loading project 'E:\GameMaker Studio\project\project.yyp'
Loading project '${base_project}'
Verifying views...
...done
Added config default
Saving project to: E:\GameMaker Studio\project\project.yyp
Saving 16 resources
FAILED: Run Program Complete

Where do you find the forum guidelines?
It's the sticky topic at the top of the Programming area, you know the one that is literally a few topics above your one, and it should have been one of the topics that you should be reading as it contains all the guidelines for how to post in the Programming section: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/programming-forum-guidelines.27723/

upload_2019-4-6_13-5-8.png

But back to your issue, is that the entirety of your output window? You don't get any other compiling messages, like sprites, objects? Absolutely nothing?

K

kingjohnc19

But back to your issue, is that the entirety of your output window? You don't get any other compiling messages, like sprites, objects? Absolutely nothing?
Yeah. That's all that shows up. So if i use the code tags, it would be:
Code:
Loading project 'E:\GameMaker Studio\project\project.yyp'
Loading project '${base_project}'
Verifying views...
...done
Added config default
Saving project to: E:\GameMaker Studio\project\project.yyp
Saving 16 resources
FAILED: Run Program Complete

What is your E: Drive - a local harddrive? If it's a network drive/drop box /external drive that can cause issues sometimes.

Check your ui.log file, there may be more information in there.
Its under Help->Open Log.

And I see @TsukaYuriko just beat me to the Clearing the cache, try that also.

K

kingjohnc19

Try clearing the asset cache using the
button. It's next to the Run button.
When I clear the asset cache, it just says:
Code:
"cmd"  /c subst Z: "C:\Users\kingj\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0659323s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\kingj\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 04/06/2019 12:28:15
"cmd"  /c subst Y: "C:\Users\kingj\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0659996s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\kingj\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" started at 04/06/2019 12:28:15
"cmd"  /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.2.326"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0639993s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.2.326" started at 04/06/2019 12:28:15
"cmd"  /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0649992s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 04/06/2019 12:28:15
"cmd"  /c subst Y: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0620078s for command "cmd" /c subst Y: /d started at 04/06/2019 12:28:15
"cmd"  /c subst X: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0709733s for command "cmd" /c subst X: /d started at 04/06/2019 12:28:15
FAILED : Clean Program Complete

K

kingjohnc19

What is your E: Drive - a local harddrive? If it's a network drive/drop box /external drive that can cause issues sometimes.

Check your ui.log file, there may be more information in there.
Its under Help->Open Log.

And I see @TsukaYuriko just beat me to the Clearing the cache, try that also.
My E: Drive is a local drive.
The ui.log file says this when I run the game:
Code:
[12:36:58:402(dddc)] ResumeThread: Suspended = 0 for watcher 'E:\GameMaker Studio\project'
[12:37:00:163(dddc)] Suspend: Suspended = 1 for watcher 'E:\GameMaker Studio\project'
[12:37:00:274(dddc)] ResumeThread: Suspended = 0 for watcher 'E:\GameMaker Studio\project'
[12:37:01:949(dddc)] Suspend: Suspended = 1 for watcher 'E:\GameMaker Studio\project'

Last edited by a moderator: