• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Game will not compile with IAP extension added

D

DJT

Hi All
I have an Android game that is ready for release once I sort out IAP. Please note that until the IAP bit - eveything worked perfectly on actual Android devices and emulators.

So according to all the instructions I could find, I imported GooglePlayServicesExtension, GooglePlayServicesIAPExtension, and
GooglePlayLicensingAsExt. I have ENABLED GOOGLE SERVICES in SOCIAL, I've added my Google Services ID, I've got all the libraries specified by the help docs via Android Studio.

So - no matter what I do, my build always fails with the following. If I REMOVE the extensions, it compiles normally and runs. I can upload the APK to Android Store (DEV environment) and its fine - but it has no BILLING of course.
All I want to do is simply add IAP to my game, but it's proving ridiculously hard due to lack of accurate and comprehensive documentation. Does anyone PLEASE have a suggestion before I rip the rest of my hair out.... Thank you in advance.
ps - there are no ADS at all in my app, I dont need or want ads , and I assume the config issues are not related to ads - all I need is IAP to purchase coins etc.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':com.xxx'.
> Could not find play-services-tasks-license.aar (com.google.android.gms:play-services-tasks-license:11.8.0).
Searched in the following locations:
jcenter.bintray.cplay-services-tasks-license/11.8.0/play-services-tasks-license-11.8.0.aar

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
BUILD FAILED
Total time: 4.706 secs

PS - in that location, there is only a file called play-services-tasks-license-11.8.0.POS
?

Last edited by a moderator: