• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Game starts acting really weird with one room - instance Events don't play again, etc.

I've made into my game a reaction minigame (fight system), where there's the player object, and the enemy object in the room. Note: NONE of the objects, or the room itself, are persistent. Still, if the player loses and the room restarts, it goes all weird; the instances don't perform their actions again, enemy might just stand there motionless. Nothing is persistent, and there are no global variables; so, every variable in the objects should obviously nullify upon room restart, right? Here, if the room restarts, nothing works the same again as on the first time. Also, background objects (scenery) which have no actions other than image.speed, might just disappear without an explanation and reappear when the player dies and room starts again. What is going on? It seems like GM is glitching out, since i cant figure any explanation, but i don't believe it would throw glitches like this.

Last edited:
V

Vikn3

I have the same problem but on my character selection screen. After the first match, when i go back to the character section screen, everything dissapears. ._.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
If you want others to tell you what's going on, why have you not posted your project or a fragment that demonstrates the problem?

V

Vikn3

If you want others to tell you what's going on, why have you not posted your project or a fragment that demonstrates the problem?
well at least im using this guys base

I cant make it reset doe after i chosen the chars for the first time, also all the font colors go black for some reason

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
well at least im using this guys base

I cant make it reset doe after i chosen the chars for the first time, also all the font colors go black for some reason
If the tutorial works fine but not after you added the reset to it, that means your additions are at fault. You still have not posted that.