• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game starting in the incorrect Room

Pixelkiwi

Imported a project and the game is now starting in the incorrect room. The room I want is at the top of the asset list and has the small "House" icon next to it but the game starts in 3rd room down on the list.

Amon

Try to clean the project using the broom icon next to the build icon and see if that works.

Pixelkiwi

Thanks for the reply! I've tried cleaning and reloading the project to no avail. Tried creating new rooms and setting those as the starting room, then setting the room I want as the start back and nothing seems to work.

Amon

In any of the rooms are you setting a specific room to start within the creation code? It's got to be something in your code, maybe?

Pixelkiwi

Nothing in the create code of the room, or the objects in that room. I put a "show_message" debug into the room create code for the room I've set as the stating room to see if it was loading it and then going to another and it doesn't show up.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
I've seen this complaint multiple times. I think there is a bug in 2.3 that is causing this for some people. Some had not upgraded the run-time along with the IDE and doing so fixed it. I'm not sure if others found a fix or not.

Pixelkiwi

Ahh, that could be the issue. Had to roll back the version because the latest was causing a different bug. Good old GM haha

Edit: Yeah that fixed this problem, thanks for the help.