• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows game speed affecting image_index count?

Kyrieru

There's something weird going on with image_index?

If you change the game speed, the number changes pretty drastically.
For example, if you have an image with 1 image, at normal speed it will count as normal, but if you slow down the speed it will start counting upwards. Once the speed is returned to normal, it like....counts back down.

What the heck is going on with that? All I did was draw the image_index variable, didn't do anything else to image_index.

https://i.gyazo.com/99f4491fcd62253bd32b0224465d187a.mp4

Edit: I also only just now realized that sprites have a speed now, and that there's a difference between the two types. I guess I'll have to learn more about how that works.

Last edited: