• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Game showing black screen and no error messages

G

Garrzilla

I'm not able to work on my game with this issue, and I really need it fixed. If anyone can give any suggestions it would be much appreciated!

This issue randomly started and I tried reverting the recent changes I made to the game to see if I caused it. I've tried rebooting PC, cleaning runtimes, and nothing I do can seem to fix it. I tried a different Android device, and tried it on Windows. None of these load the game.

I read through the output log and can't see any noticeable error messages, but I did notice this weird message "vsync timeout..."

Output Log: https://pastebin.com/jri0UB5R

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Have you run in debug mode? Run with the debugger and a breakpoint at the very start of the game and then step through the code to see what it's doing and where it actually fails.

G

Garrzilla

Have you run in debug mode? Run with the debugger and a breakpoint at the very start of the game and then step through the code to see what it's doing and where it actually fails.
I did this for the first object created in the first room, and in the create event, the variable like "var max_w = display_get_width();" shows <unable to evaluate> when I hover it. Also, I tried running a different project on android and got the same "vsync timeout" message, but it still loaded. Not sure if its the game itself or something to do with GM or google sdk

G

Garrzilla

So I wake up and test it again and it works... this is worse than it not working cause I have no clue what was causing it and if it will happen again. :/