• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Game Screen save

Chaser

Hello, quick question if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Im saving a screen shot to the 'working directory' which works fine, however i wanted to put it on its own folder.
I used directory_create to create the 'folder', again works fine, but i can't seem to get it to save the the created folder, keeps doing it outside the folder

if !directory_exists("Images")
{
directory_create("Images");
}

screen_save_part(working_directory + "\Images\Screen_Image"+string(num)+".png", 512, 0, 64,128);

do i need to have 'working_directory' set up as a string variable? to like set a path up or something.

after reading the manual i came up with the assumption that the path would work like C:\users\user\appdata\local\project\Images\Screen_Image in GM

but yeah, im wrong, just not sure how wrong i am or whether i can actually do it this way. need some pointers please if anyone could help. :)
Thanks.

Mert

There's a selection in Game Options > Windows, something like "Disable system sandbox". Once you do that, you can save the data to any folder you want.