• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam game saves when i click dont save which causes infinite errors and its annoying fix it omg

R

Rainah

this started happening like 3 or 4 months ago maybe 5 i dont remember exactly but i do know that it was working fine earlier this year (maybe a windows 10 update broke it i dunno but sometimes i regret "upgrading")

the problem is that ill open a project do some stuff and then click the X in the top right and it will ask me if i want to save and if i say no it will still do it

not only is it disobeying a direct order which is annoying in itself but when i open the project later all the new sprites and stuff upon opening will give an infinite amount of access violation errors (i think thats what the error says i dont feel like confirming it) forcing me to use task manager to close it

im sure most people here have no reason NOT to save a project but i have my reasons in short its that ive set up a project for testing that is a hassle to delete all the changes every time especially when i spend a full day testing

i thought maybe since the project was created like 3 years ago that it was just broken somehow but i just tried making a new one and it does the same thing and i dont know if a reinstall would do anything or if it would delete my projects

(also your registration system is annoying it doesnt tell you that theres a password requirement and makes you wait like 10 seconds to try again and then theres another requirement so you have to wait another 10 seconds)