• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Game runs way too fast when exported as .exe in fullscreen mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HenrikoNumberOne

Hello! I have encountered an issue with exporting my game as a windows .exe file, as when I do the game appears to be running way faster (perhaps 2x the speed, more or less I don't know) in fullscreen-mode. It does not run at that speed in the game maker editor in fullscreen or in windowed. I am using the most recent version of Game Maker: Studio 2 and a 144hz gaming monitor from BenQ. The game FPS is set to 60 in GMS 2.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

Edit: Tried disabling vertical sync, it did not solve the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MarceloP

Hello @HenrikoNumberOne

There's been some discussion about this problem here, but Idk if they found a solution or not. Try asking there and specifying your problem/situation as well, people may find/have found something.

Tangerine

This happened to me today in the latest version of GM when compiling with YYC, the game run very fast, it also messed my delta time system.
The fps were at 60 but it didn't looked like it.
It's very rare and I can't recreate it for file a bug report.
Also the game wasn't at full screen.

V-sync was enabled and room_speed was at 60 if I remember well

Fetoid

Has this issue been resolved? Is there a fix? I compiled my game and am having this same issue. Tried setting game speed to 30 and it has no affect.

RandoCoder

Has this issue been resolved? Is there a fix? I compiled my game and am having this same issue. Tried setting game speed to 30 and it has no affect.
The topic was created six years ago, so I'd say yes.

Possibly creating your own topic with some additional information like target OS, a couple of hardware specs, etc.. might be worthwhile.

Fetoid

The topic was created six years ago, so I'd say yes.

Possibly creating your own topic with some additional information like target OS, a couple of hardware specs, etc.. might be worthwhile.
Thanks for the quick response. I was able to figure out how to add game_get_speed as opposed to the no longer used room_speed
sorry to necro post. I only saw the latest post date as of Sep 2023

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
To avoid futher necro bumps this topic will be locked

If you happen to have a similar issue, please make your own topic, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.