• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Game runs extremely slow regardless of FPS within Gamemaker, but runs fine on another PC

Hello,

I have a relatively simple game I am working on. I work between my main desktop and my laptop. I've been recently working on my laptop, but switch over to my desktop today to find that game I was working on mere hours before runs very slowly on the desktop. It's not the actual FPS, since Gamemaker reports an average fps of ~1500. It's not a PC Power issue, because my desktop is more powerful than my laptop. Here the basic specs if you are interested.

Desktop - Ryzen 5 1600, RX 580 8GB, 16GB RAM
Laptop - Intel core i5 9300H, GTX 1650, 16GB Ram

It has been at least a month since I worked on my desktop, and I'm not really sure what changed. I am running 1.4.9999, which they don't update anymore so it wasn't an update. Performance within gamemaker, writing code and navigation folder etc. runs fine, its just the game running that is slow. I am also talking about the "run" feature in gamemaker, not compiling into an .exe and playing that.

Any help is greatly appreicated,
Thanks

S

Slothagami

It light be running the game on a faster fps on the computer you usually use, meaning the speeds you set for the game appear slower because they are happening less often on a lower fps.

It's just a guess, but it might be worth looking into.

It light be running the game on a faster fps on the computer you usually use, meaning the speeds you set for the game appear slower because they are happening less often on a lower fps.

It's just a guess, but it might be worth looking into.
I might not understand exactly what you mean, but both PC use a 60hz monitor and play the game well above the 60fps threshold so it should be the same. And the game is definitely lagging, it almost acts like the fps is lower even though it isn't.