• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Game running extreme slow over time

Reid_Dead

I have a project that I am using as a learning experience, it was running well on gamemaker 1.4, I am redoing it on gms2.3 +, not converting, redoing it. Replacing functions that are no longer supported.
However, the game flows well in the menus and at the beginning of the first stage, from then on to each interaction the game is getting slower and slower to the point of being unplayable.

I checked the instances destroy events, number of instances and etc

Running debugger, the game has no memory leak

01.jpg
Game is using ~55Mb of ram on menus, fps is high

03.jpg
Beginning of the first stage, the memory and fps stay the same
The numbers on output is delta_time

02.jpg
less than 30 seconds later the game is unplayable

The "same game" running on the same PC on game maker 1.4 is running smoothly.

Someone has any idea of what's going on? :D

Sorry for my bad english, is not my first language.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Try running the game in debug mode, then using the "Profiler" - it should tell you what uses the most CPU power, and then you can investigate it more closely. (Start profiling when the game starts to lag and then keep it running for a while to collect as much relevant data as possible.)