• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual Game Resolution

N

Noba

Hi!
Just wondering, how am I supposed to change the game resolution? I can't seem to find any settings for it.
I'm currently remaking an rpg game in a hack n' slash style, but the original game was made in rpg maker, and has a very simplistic look meaning the tiles are only 16x16 and have very blocky colours, ect.

So my problem arises with things like this:
http://imgur.com/a/Voodt

As you can see, the yellow pathway is where the character can walk, and the rest is just ocean. I'm not sure what to do, other than making the tile set bigger, but I don't know how to go about doing that either.

And before you criticise the graphics:
The game is meant to look like that. The original used the same graphics, and no one was bothered by them, and the areas even get pretty detailed later on, despite the simplistic style. Ignore the way the game looks, I just need help with the resolution.