• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Game Resolution

Imperial

How to change the Game Resolution In Runtime as the game settings/options

we should change the view_wview[view_current] or view_wport[view_current] ?

Imperial

Let me point you to my scaling tutorial. I am showing you there different methods to scale your game.
With that you will be able to create your user options after
How to actually Implement the scaling to make the game from 1200x675 to 1920x1080

RangerX

You mean your view size is 1200x675 ?
If that's the case, your game will always look distorted if you scale it up to 1920x1080.

E

elementbound

Both resolutions are 16:9, indeed. However, to scale from 1200x675 to 1920x1080, one stretched pixel should occupy an 1.6x1.6 pixel area. Since only whole pixels can be drawn, most stretched pixels will occupy a 2x2 area, while others a 2x1*. This means that the stretched version's pixels will look uneven, thus distorted.

If you want to avoid distortion, use whole numbers for scaling. For example, use 2x, 3x, 4x, etc., so your new resolution becomes 2400x1350, 3600x2025, 4800x2700. Although these are really uncommon.

* - I'm not exactly sure about these numbers, they are just illustratory. Feel free to correct me on this,