• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

game rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Misty

First part of my rant is there should be a subforum, exclusively to talk about games. Different from the game design forum, which is about making games, more like a forum to discuss participating in games.

Because I have major beef with the game industry.

I just played Halo 5 last night, I was actually getting in to the game. I was beasting and getting kills. And then it disconnected me from the lobby. Literally every single game it would disconnect me from every game before it was over. I gave up. It was so frustrating, all my kills were deleted and I was banned from the Halo 5 servers.

I wondered if it was my connection. But I would go into my xbox settings and it said my connection was perfectly fine. Also, I never got a message saying I was disconnected from Xbox Live. So the whole time, I still had a connection to Xbox Live, but the Halo 5 servers kept disconnecting me.

So then I played WRC5. It says cannot connect to the servers, to go to http://www.wrcthegame.com/wrc5/status
to check out the status of the servers. The page gives me a fricking 404 error. So I google, and no relevant links since 2015. It is so lame.

Then I say, ah whatever, I will play the new Tomb Raider. And I load the menu and none of my progress is saved! So the three hours I spent on the game is completely gone! I Am Piping Mad right now like Bowser. I no longer feel in a Peachy mood. I am ready to throw my controller on to the ground and scream like a lunatic! And when I load the menu, it says "This game auto-saves progress". Yet it did not autosave anything! And before I quit the game, I tested it to see if it saved, and it saved, yet when I load the game a second time, all my progress is gone!!!! How is this 2018 and game's cannot even save the file??? Even old Atari games had no problem saving games. This has litterally never been an issue until 2018...the bar is just set so low, society is going into a giant hole.

So I play Banjo Kazooie. And its just, the worlds are so vast. Its a high IQ game and I dont feel like doing brain exercises this late at night. And the worlds are just so darn vast, like I go into a portal, then it goes into another portal, into another portal, and its just like, and endless series of dimensions. And its like this feeling of, not being sure what to do next. This bucket of popcorn told me I need to find a pebble for him. And there's this fairy I have to rescue, but I dont know how to rescue without being eaten by the shark. And the camera of the game is just bad, and does this infinite reset thing when you are in a corner. And its like, eh, I love the game but I don't want to play it.

Why do they put these games (other than Banjo) in the Game Pass list when they aren't even working right?

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
I bought Banjo Kazooie and Zelda Ocarina of Time and FINAL FANTASY III all for my little brother when he passed his exams but he doesn't play them anymore because he got stuck in all three!

Games before: well made, but too hard!
Games now: Not too hard, but bad descisions like multiplayer or business models or poor optimization and more

M

Misty

I bought Banjo Kazooie and Zelda Ocarina of Time and FINAL FANTASY III all for my little brother when he passed his exams but he doesn't play them anymore because he got stuck in all three!

Games before: well made, but too hard!
Games now: Not too hard, but bad descisions like multiplayer or business models or poor optimization and more
True. Modern games campaign are low IQ and too easy. They just show waypoints and you dont need to explore.

And modern games seem to bite off more than they can chew, they pick these grandiose ideas and lack the programming talent to accomplish them.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Oh they were very hard. Even beating Mario on the NES used to be a huge accomplishment you could brag over. MARIO!
Any RPG was extremely cryptic and confusing, with tons of grinding.
Platformers were very tricky and sometimes not clear were to go.
Most kids couldn't beat any of their games.

Trust me, I'm 19, I know what I'm talking about #sarcasm

M

Misty

Old games weren't too hard. New gamers are just too wimpy. :p
Old games were extremely hard. In Sonic if you ran out of lives you had to start back at the very beginning.

But no the old DOOM wasn't that hard, you could save whenever you wanted.

The new 3d Super Mario world is very hard, because to beat bowser you need to collect 140 green stars. So you have to replay the game a second time.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
You know, I'm going to close this. Misty, this isn't your personal rant forum, and tbh, ALL your posts in off topic sound like rants and as such have little or no discussion value. No offence intended, but I'm getting a little bit bored by all these posts that more or less say the same thing... "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" and then talk about sweeping generalities but cherry pick specific games. Your attitude when posting is generally combative and comes across as arrogant (in the extreme sometimes) and I'm just not prepared to permit these topics any longer. This forum is NOT your personal sounding board.

PS: And no, I'm not adding a subforum to discuss games in general, as we don't need one (and I really don't want a "Misty" forum, as I suspect you'd be the only one to post there... :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.